Georgios Georgiou, founder of George's Fish Bar has been in business for over 10 years, opening his first shop at North Street in 2002 followed by a second shop on Cherryholt Road in 2006. His vision was to provide the people of Bourne with the best fish & chips, something which he continues to stand by today.
What makes George's Fish Bar unique is that we only sell FRESH FISH and we always fry using high quality vegetable oil which is double filtered and changed daily. This makes our products one of the healthiest fish and chip options around!
We are situated in South Street, Bourne where we offer a sit in and takeaway menu including a range of freshly cooked and sustainable fresh seafood. We believe that we offer the most authentic tasting seafood in the area, whatever the time of year.
Did you know?
- Analysis from the British Nutrition Foundation revealed that an average portion of fish and chips contains almost three times less fat than an equivalent portion of Chicken Tikka Masala and Pilau Rice.
- Apart from essential carbohydrate and dietry fibre fish and chips also provides vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, iron, calcium, and phosphorous, as well as the trace elements iodine, fluorine and zinc.
- Modern quick-frying methods with high-quality oils, mean that virtually no oil gets into the fish itself. The total fat content of an average portion of fish and chips is estimated to be 48.2g.
- An average portion of fish and chips has 9.42 grams of fat per 100 grams. A Big Mac meal with medium fries has 12.1 grams; a Whopper meal with medium fries has 14.5 grams.
- Laboratory test have shown that 14mm x 17mm chips (as used at George's) is the optimum thickness for producing the lowest fat content and the lowest number of calories.