Welcome to George's Fish Bar - Serving Bourne's Finest Fresh Fish!
Pop in to our fish and chip café and takeaway! You will experience delicious, fresh fish cooked in crunchy batter, served with golden chips together with a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere.
There is nothing more British than good old fish and chips and we feel that our commitment to premium quality food and excellent customer service provide all the ingredients for a great ambience and unforgettable experience – just one of the many reasons that our customers' claim we offer the best fish and chips in town!
We are proud to say we only ever use fresh fish (never frozen) sourced daily and delivered straight to our café every day.
10 facts about George's Fish Bar
- George's uses only the highest quality vegetable oil, which is double-filtered and changed daily
- George's uses only the fresh fish (never frozen) which is delivered daily from Grimsby
- Haddock comprises 90% of the fish sold, although Cod is available at the same price
- Gluten-free days are held every Monday
- Chips are made from locally-sourced frying potatoes; either Maris Piper or Markies
- George's is the only fish bar in the area of offer a super-healthy, grilled fish option - cooked to order on a specially imported Australian fish grill
- George's currently employs 14 staff, who work on a rota
- All staff must undergo training to acquire a Food Health & Hygiene Certificate
- George's achieved the maximum score of 5 in the Food Standard Agency's hygiene ratings
- George's sponsors several local organisations, including The Wakes and Thurlby United. As George says, 'One thing I strongly believe is that you have to give to get back'.